Today has passed mostly without incident.
Bern went out early to mail bills and pay our property tax at Town Hall.
I slept until 10!
I took the Puli out and we both had breakfast.
I took the Puli to the Canal and he barked all the way there and then didn't want to get out of the car until I pulled him out. He did his business and we walked a bit and then came home. He barked all the way home and didn't want to get out of the car until I pulled him out. Anxious about The Blizzard, I suspect.
I went out to get a few things and when I saw there was only one 24 pack of water in all of Stop and Shop, I bought it, though 'water' wasn't on my list.
I didn't have lunch until 2.
I fed the cat and dog at 3.
I played Hearts on my computer and Bern played Solitaire on hers. We heard from Mimi who drove from Brooklyn to Stockbridge this morning. Arrived safe.
I did some email--meeting with the bishop tomorrow canceled, of course--because of The Blizzard.
Waiting for The Blizzard is beginning to get old.
Bern made a pot of chicken soup (she called it 'Blizzard Soup' with potatoes, corn, carrots, celery and spinach) which was wondrous but enough to feed a minion. "We need sustenance," she told me, "for The Blizzard."
I'm tired of waiting for The Blizzard. As much as I won't like it, I wish it would happen already, so I didn't have to pass the time 'waiting' for it.
- ► 2017 (201)
- ► 2016 (291)
- Doing my sums--Anthony and Ron
- how things go....
- The Blizzard came...sort of....
- Waiting for The Blizzard
- my weather junkie....
- Oh, my Lord, it's getting better and better...
- Last two chapters of the Igloo Factory
- Posting the Igloo Factory
- The joy of cabbage stalk
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eleven
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eight, nine and ten
- The itch you can't scratch...
- On my way to Killingworth this morning...
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Seven
- A confession I regret already
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Six
- The three worst jokes I know (and wish I didn't)
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Five
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Four
- "Body Pain" and a name I can't remember
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Three
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Two
- The Igloo Factory
- Red Eye?
- How I'm different from the Puli
- Je suis Charlie
- I look at pictures....
- So cold the moon
- OK, I've had it with the NYPD
- Another unpreached sermon
- Home again
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)