I was giving my friend, Charles, a hard time about Sudoku, if that's how you spell it, last week.
Then, I realized I've played 8047 games of Hearts on my computer. 8047. And I've won 4132 of them--50%!
I even keep track of my games on paper. I play until someone--me or West or North or South--wins 7 games and that's a set. And I play 7 sets at a time. I haven't lost a set in weeks, months--which is why I keep doing it...I like to win.
Maybe I should give up Hearts for Lent. It would be a real challenge. But, what the hell, we're already two weeks into Lent and I don't want to give it up.
Maybe I should stop when I get to 10,000 games. That would seem a good time to give it up.
But, I most likely won't.
I enjoy it and why should one stop doing what they enjoy and gives them pleasure?
Charles, buy some more Sudoku books--you deserve it....
- ► 2018 (136)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- dog dna
- My kinda church...
- Falling down
- Never before...perhaps never again....
- OK, give me a few minutes to dream...
- Going to the 'young retired' meeting
- Basketball as the light fades....
- Ted Cruz for President
- OK, OK...
- You'd never know it from what I write
- Appalachian 'food group'
- Yes! Yes!
- Where's Calvin's grave? I bet you could hear him s...
- March Madness gone mad
- What Isis really wants
- my hands
- By the water
- Going away
- So lovely
- no new dog yet
- poems from a car wreck
- Eric, not Julia, maybe....
- It will be '40' soon....
- another dog? Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh no!
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)