Saturday, March 28, 2015

Never before...perhaps never again....

When people ask me who is my favorite college sports teams I always say, "West Virginia University and whoever is playing Notre Dame."

I hate Notre Dame in an irrational way (I admit it). I'd like to think it is the arrogant thing and not the Roman Catholic thing...but, truth be known...I'm not sure.

But tonight for 2 hours, I rooted hard for Notre Dame to beat Kentucky in the NCAA Elite Eight basketball tournament. And they almost, but not quite (2 points) did.

It was liberating to root for the Fighting Irish for the first time in my life. It felt good, in many ways.

So who is my favorite sports teams?

West Virginia University and whoever is playing Notre Dame: unless Notre Dame is playing Kentucky.

That works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.