When people ask me who is my favorite college sports teams I always say, "West Virginia University and whoever is playing Notre Dame."
I hate Notre Dame in an irrational way (I admit it). I'd like to think it is the arrogant thing and not the Roman Catholic thing...but, truth be known...I'm not sure.
But tonight for 2 hours, I rooted hard for Notre Dame to beat Kentucky in the NCAA Elite Eight basketball tournament. And they almost, but not quite (2 points) did.
It was liberating to root for the Fighting Irish for the first time in my life. It felt good, in many ways.
So who is my favorite sports teams?
West Virginia University and whoever is playing Notre Dame: unless Notre Dame is playing Kentucky.
That works for me.
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- dog dna
- My kinda church...
- Falling down
- Never before...perhaps never again....
- OK, give me a few minutes to dream...
- Going to the 'young retired' meeting
- Basketball as the light fades....
- Ted Cruz for President
- OK, OK...
- You'd never know it from what I write
- Appalachian 'food group'
- Yes! Yes!
- Where's Calvin's grave? I bet you could hear him s...
- March Madness gone mad
- What Isis really wants
- my hands
- By the water
- Going away
- So lovely
- no new dog yet
- poems from a car wreck
- Eric, not Julia, maybe....
- It will be '40' soon....
- another dog? Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh no!
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)