"Hanging on by...." and all that.
I used to bite my fingernails down to the quick and beyond. I'm not sure when or why I stopped--but I stopped at some point, which is all that matters.
This week, when I was at Holy Cross Monastery, I noticed how long they were. When I got home and tried to type--they were troublesome. So, tonight I cut them.
I couldn't find my clippers and couldn't manage Bern's (which I think are left handed, though Bern, right-handed as she is can manage them), but I can't.
So, I cut my fingernails with a huge set of toe nail clippers I have. It wasn't precise, by any means, but I pared them down and can type much better.
Finger and toe nails, I'm told, continue to grow after you die.
Which is one reason I'm glad I'll be cremated, among others.
Being in a coffin with no way to either bite or cut nails...well, that would bother me for eternity.
(I can no longer remember 'why' I bit my fingernails. But I'm glad I stopped, for whatever reason.)
- ► 2017 (170)
- ► 2016 (291)
- Chapter 8
- Washing Dishes
- Chapter 7--"Tend the fire...."
- A new PB
- Tend the Fire, Tell the Story, Pass the Wine--chap...
- So, it actually happened....
- Chapter Five
- One down, one to go....
- "Tend the Fire..." Chapter four
- Chapter 3 of "Temd the fire...."
- The longest day and how right-handed can you be
- 2nd chapter of "Tend the Fire...."
- The twelve most frightening words....
- Tend the fire....
- Home again....
- ok, here's a couple more
- OK, I give up
- 43 and counting
- 300 & 400
- #100 & 200
- All the 'double noughts"
- Latvia, for goodness sake!
- Faith vs. Trust
- Photos of Mimi
- Dry Cleaner rant
- Can you know each other 'too well'?
- Logging off
- Talkin' to hear your head rattle...
- Talitha Cum
- Horse Racing and Life
- Why I'm an Episcopalian
- Just a lovely day
- old friends, book ends...
- Making a Difference
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)