Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What I really want

I really want to live in a nation without guns.

I really want everyone--no matter what gender, race or ethnic background--to have an equal chance.

I really want to live where police don't see a person's color, but their humanity.

I want to live where everyone has equal health care.

I want to live where noone is homeless.

I want to live where there is no "one percent".

I want to live where drugs are not 'outlawed' but not 'present'.

I want to live where the minimum wage is a living wage.

I want to live where 'strangers' are welcome.

I want to live in a nation of true equality.

I want to live...it seems to me...in a dream, a place that doesn't exist.

But couldn't it? Really, couldn't we do that stuff? Really?

And then all live there, together, equal, with 'enough', at peace....?

Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.