Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hoping against hope

I whispered a little prayer awhile ago that something good in on TV tonight.

Why? you might ask.

So I won't be tempted to watch the Republican debate.

It will make me crazy if I do, but unless there is a really good option, I won't be able to help myself.

It's a bit like when I'm walking Bela and he smells some old poop. He knows I don't want him to go sniff it (much less take a bite of it! Dogs are nasty....) yet he can't help himself when it comes to poop.

It's like that for me and the Republican debates.

I know I shouldn't...I know it's not good for me...I know I'll scold myself for doing it...

But when it comes to poop (sorry, I mean the Republican debate!!!) I'm just like my dog, Bela.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.