Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Mr. Kelly Ann Conway

George Conway is my hero!

How odd is that--a deeply conservative lawyer is my hero?

But he has so stirred up He Who Will Not Be Named so much that the twitter storm the president has created proves all the thing George Conway says about him!

And I realized today that my insistence not to name the President is not just a Harry Potter reference, it goes along with what the Prime Minister of New Zealand has sworn not to do about the monster who murdered 50 Muslims there.

Could we export her to America and make Jacinda Ardern our President?

I'd write her name all the time.

Jacinda Ardern. Jacinda Ardern. Jacinda Ardern.

I'd use it because she has been so great in this terrible tragedy and because it is a wondrous name.

Jacinda Ardern.

And maybe she could give George's wife, Kelly Ann, some advise on how to deal with White Nationalists like her boss.

Jacidna Ardern, I'm a fan.

(My supervisor at a mental hospital in Maryland when I was doing my summer of Clinical Pastoral Education was The Rev. Don Fergus from New Zealand. If he was telling you he'd be in touch with you he'd say, "I'll knock you up".

I told him he couldn't say that in this country--especially not to Sister Jeremy who was a Sister of Mercy in my group.

Divided by a common language indeed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.