Tuesday, March 19, 2019

sleeping

I always thought that as you grew older you would sleep less.

Not true, so far, for me.

I could, but seldom do, sleep 12 hours.

I normally go to sleep after 11:30 p.m. and don't wake up, unless I set the clock, at 10 a.m. or so.

And I love sleeping.

Bern gets up between 7 and 8 and has a couple of hours by herself (with Bridget, of course) and drinks lots of coffee and is ready for me when I get up.

I have dreams much of the time--very pleasant and relaxing. Usually I'm working on something--like a puzzle and getting it more or less right. But it's not a puzzle on a page or in a game, but something very meaningful, though I never know what the meaning is.

Stuff like that.

I could, but seldom do, take a nap as well. But I don't unless I have to get up at 7 a.m. or so.

I love napping too.

I sleep with a C-path machine since I have sleep apnea (however you spell it, my spell check suggested weird replacements.)

I even love my mask and the 14 pounds of pressure it gives me. I never have sinus congestion at night though I often do in the day. Maybe I should figure out how to wear the mask all the time--it would take a miles and miles long extension cord though.

Any way, have a nice sleep and pleasant, puzzle solving dreams.

Good night. Sleep tight. And don't let the bed bugs bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.