A Democrat became Governor of Kentucky tonight. The incumbent Republican won by 10% four years ago and the President won the state by 30%. Only West Virginia (alas!) and 4 other states were won by the President by more.
And Democrats took the Virginia Senate and still might take the House there too. Too soon to know. If they do they will control the governorship and both houses. Rejoice. And be able to redraw the legislative districts already jerrymandered.
Kentucky and Virginia--not exactly what you think of when you think of 'Blue States'--but there nevertheless.
I'll sleep well tonight knowing our country is, in some ways, coming to its senses.
Thank you, Kentucky and Virginia.
Thank you so much.
I pray for much more awakenings around this great nation.
- ► 2020 (335)
- Advent 1 sermon (if the snow lets me preach it)
- Snow on the way
- The day after....
- Thanksgiving and a poem
- Advent I
- One of the many things I don't know
- Nobody, I mean 'nobody' read this....
- Another old sermon
- Christmas Eve
- OK, I've been neglecting my blog
- Don't give me s*** about gun control
- Something I wrote
- Went to West Park
- Are you paying attention?
- Shut up Hillary and go away Michael
- full moon
- Calling Mejol
- Cosmic moment
- Home again, home again, jiggidy jig
- Going to Baltimore
- More old stuff--more than a decade old but worth p...
- Democrats rejoice!
- Setting the record straight--avoiding prosecution
- November in Connecticut
- TRUTH and FACT
- We're no longer saving daylight...
- OK, the World Series
- ▼ November (28)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)