Sunday, November 3, 2019

We're no longer saving daylight...

Eastern Standard Time came back last night--or very early this morning--and we got the hour back that was ripped from us when Daylight Savings Time began.

I was thankful for the extra hour of sleep since today I went to St. James, Higganum, which is the furthermost of the three churches from my home and has their service at 9 while the other two begin at 10.

It's 5:22 as I write, my computer tells me down in the right-hand corner, and I usually take Brigit for her 'little walk' down Cornwall around 6. It's totally dark now and wasn't yesterday.

I don't really know what I think about DST. Does it really need to be still light in August at 10 p.m.?

I don't mind the dark at all. In fact, I like the night, whenever it comes.

Connecticut is leaning away from the sun now--but it's not like being in Greenland or Alaska. The day is pretty normal though it ends earlier.

All I've heard about when DST begins is bad. More car accidents. More heart attacks. More people seeming to be confused.

So, welcome back, EST. I've missed you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.