Monday, November 18, 2019

Don't give me s*** about gun control

There was a parishioner years ago who asked me "would you take my guns away if you could?"

I answered honestly, "I trust you would never shoot someone, but 'yes', I would."

He stopped coming to church but I see him from time to time.

And I would take his guns. I would take everyone's guns.

Just this week we've had three mass shootings--in a school, at a Walmart's and at a football party,

People died and were wounded.

Tensions in this country are so high that no one should have a gun.

I truly believe that.

I would sleep more soundly knowing no one in a school or a Walmart or a football party would be shot tonight.

There were over 300 shootings last year where more than one person died. Never mind the shootings of one person or the massive gun suicides.

Don't give me s*** about gun control.

Let's get rid of them all and send people to prison for life who use a gun in a crime.

I'm not kidding. I'm being reasonable.

Hunting guns, maybe, but only when all guns you don't use to hunt are gone.

I'm that serious about it.

It has to stop somehow.

Taking guns away may be the only way to stop it.

One of my former bishops, Jim Curry, breaks down guns and makes garden tools from them. God bless him--instruments of violence made into instruments of creation.

Amen and Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.