I plan to call Mejol tonight.
She is, I think I've said before,the sister I never had.
My parents thought they wouldn't have children, so they semi-adopted Mejol--my mother's sister's daughter. She went with them on vacations. She slept over with them.
They loved her.
Then I came along.
And Mejol stayed.
We were always together, for most of my childhood and afterwards.
When I was in high school, she locked me in her room with an album by Bob Dylan and Catcher in the Rye. An afternoon that changed my life.
When I graduated from high school, I went to visit her in New Orleans. She was with me the first time I ever got drunk.
We've shared other things to intimate and private to write about.
l love her.
We lost touch for some years but I call her almost every week now.
She lives in Baltimore and if we'd been there more than the 40 some hours we were I would have seen her.
Men, it seems to me, tend to leave the past behind.
I do that--except for Mejol.
- ► 2021 (277)
- ► 2020 (335)
- Advent 1 sermon (if the snow lets me preach it)
- Snow on the way
- The day after....
- Thanksgiving and a poem
- Advent I
- One of the many things I don't know
- Nobody, I mean 'nobody' read this....
- Another old sermon
- Christmas Eve
- OK, I've been neglecting my blog
- Don't give me s*** about gun control
- Something I wrote
- Went to West Park
- Are you paying attention?
- Shut up Hillary and go away Michael
- full moon
- Calling Mejol
- Cosmic moment
- Home again, home again, jiggidy jig
- Going to Baltimore
- More old stuff--more than a decade old but worth p...
- Democrats rejoice!
- Setting the record straight--avoiding prosecution
- November in Connecticut
- TRUTH and FACT
- We're no longer saving daylight...
- OK, the World Series
- ▼ November (28)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)