Saturday, June 27, 2020

Two other things

Two other things from my long conversation with Eleanor about the news.

One of Arie's guests was a black rapper with a shirt on that said "Kids Rule".

Eleanor. read 'Kids" (at not quite 4) and asked what the other word was. When I told her, she said she didn't belong in that.

I asked her why she thought that.

She replied, "I'm white and he's black. He means black kids."

I told her, "No, the shirt means all kids--Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, African. Kids are the future. All kids Rule."

She thought about that for a long time and then said, softly, "OK".

Then Joy Reed had three congressional black caucus on her panel, two woman and a man.

Eleanor asked, "Why are there three women and only one man?"

I told her, honestly, "Because we need to listen to women. Men have messed things up. Women will make things right."

She thought for a while and said, "I like that."

Lordy, Lordy, what a child!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.