Saturday, June 13, 2020

As the sun passes

Our house in Cheshire, CT, faces north/south. The front faces north, toward Waterbury where I ministered for 21 years. The back faces south, toward New Haven, where I served a church for 5 years before that.

All of which means that the sun passes over us from east to west, every day.

We have two Adirondack chairs on our back deck where we sit and read in warm months.

Works in the morning until the sun lights on the one on the right and then the one on the left.

In the afternoon, the one on the right is in the shade first, then the one on the left.

So, my reading, which I do a lot of in these days, is limited by the sun.

I also remember driving to Waterbury for an evening meeting with the sun setting in my face.

We are surrounded by nature out back.

Birds and squirrels and chipmonks galore. Sometimes a rabbit.

And trees and flowers everywhere.

During his strange time, I have had the time to take it all in.

And it is wondrous.

I hope you are enjoying nature too.

Be still and know.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.