Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I haven't done this for a while...

The Mastery Foundation, for which I lead workshops in normal times, gave, several years ago a plastic box full of hundreds of quotes. I sometimes share them here to give you things to ponder and wonder about.

Pondering and wondering, I think, defines who we are.

So here we go. Just ponder and wonder.

"Never mistake a clear view for a short distance." --Paul Saffo

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." --Brandon Gill

"It ain't what you don't know
 that gets you into trouble.
 It's what you know for sure
   that just ain't so."   --Mark Twain

"Love is a great beautifier."  --Louisa May Alcott

"For myself I am an optimist--it does not seem to be much use being anything else." --Winston Churchill

"The fish trap exists because of the fish; once you've gotten the fish, you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit; once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning; once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can have a word with him?" --Chuang Tzu

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those I love, I can: all of them make me laugh." --W.H.Auden

"The truth may well be even more difficult to relate than it is to find." --Albert Murray

Take a while to ponder each of those....

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.