Thursday, December 1, 2016

uh...uh...what's it called?

OK, one of the things about getting older is you often can't remember the right word.

I was about to tell someone yesterday how inept I am at all things media and how I really don't care that I'm not adept when I couldn't remember the word I needed.

"Well, uh," I mumbled, "I'm a what's it called....?"

At least my friend, about my age, by the way, didn't immediately shout out the word I was looking for though I know he knows it. Growing older, like I said.

I spent most of the morning trying to remember the term and the best I could come up with was "troglodyte"--which is a cave man.

So, I googled "British anti-industrial movement" (I'm not to inept to 'google'!) and found "Luddite"!

Luddite, Luddite, Luddite....There, it should be mine again.....

(At least until the next time I need it....)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.