JANUARY--Mick Jaggar fined 200 pounds for possession of weed.
FEBRUARY--Chicago 7 not guilty of inciting a riot at 1968 Democratic Convention.
MARCH--1st Earth Day proclaimed by Mayor Alioto of San Francisco
APRIL--US invades Cambodia; huge protests at home.
MAY--Kent State Shootings.
JUNE--"Long and Winding Road" is Beatles 20th and last #1 hit single.
JULY--Chet Huntly (NBC anchor) retires from full time broadcasting.
AUGUST--Women's Strike for Equality on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
SEPTEMBER--Bernadine Pisano and Jim Bradley are married at our Lady of Victory RC church in Gary, West Virginia.
OCTOBER--Garry Trudeau's Donnesbury debuts in 2 dozen newspapers.
NOVEMBER--Hafa al-Assad comes to power in Syria through a military coup.
DECEMBER--The north tower of the World Trade Center is completed--at 1368 feet, it is the tallest building in the world.
(Thanks to Wikipedia for everything besides September. It was a year 'that was' in many ways.)
- 1970 in review (one event a month)
- Gene Wilder, please rest in peace
- Ready to have it over....
- weird dreams
- I'll never drive to NYC again
- Something to spend some time on....
- First post
- first time in all these years....
- Going to see Ellie
- Something Bela won't eat...and First Cousins....
- I don't tweet
- 6 years later
- Rules vs. Healing
- dimples, who can resist them?
- Just when....
- Blessed beyond believing
- Home at last...
- Home tomorrow, maybe
- My boy's birthday
- 400th post one more time
- Heat, cold and the social order of Cheshire
- 8/11/16--Happy Natal Day, Ellie
- my favorite button
- Good times
- Waiting still...
- Speaking of priesthood....
- From paper to possibility
- The Readings for tomorrow
- White Trash
- OK, OK...
- Just wondering about conversation
- Back home...
- The mind of a Puli
- Waiting for Ellie
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)