Five days and 12 hours after her birth at NYU, Ellie arrived home in Brooklyn.
Slept most of the journey, Mimi said. Slept as Tim carried her up to the apartment. Slept in his arms.. Did baby things. Ate, cried, the rest you know.
Funny how much detail comes in the telling of bringing a baby home for the first time....
Settling in. Rested. A little freaked out not to have the dozens of NYU doctors/nurses/whatevers hovering around.
Just Tim and Mimi and Ellie, for the first time, truly on their own.
All will be well, I pray. And a new way of living began for them about 12:30 p.m. today.
- ► 2017 (169)
- 1970 in review (one event a month)
- Gene Wilder, please rest in peace
- Ready to have it over....
- weird dreams
- I'll never drive to NYC again
- Something to spend some time on....
- First post
- first time in all these years....
- Going to see Ellie
- Something Bela won't eat...and First Cousins....
- I don't tweet
- 6 years later
- Rules vs. Healing
- dimples, who can resist them?
- Just when....
- Blessed beyond believing
- Home at last...
- Home tomorrow, maybe
- My boy's birthday
- 400th post one more time
- Heat, cold and the social order of Cheshire
- 8/11/16--Happy Natal Day, Ellie
- my favorite button
- Good times
- Waiting still...
- Speaking of priesthood....
- From paper to possibility
- The Readings for tomorrow
- White Trash
- OK, OK...
- Just wondering about conversation
- Back home...
- The mind of a Puli
- Waiting for Ellie
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)