Thursday, August 4, 2016

Just wondering about conversation

My blog is getting many more page visits than it used to. I've mentioned the number of Russian views.

But what I don't get is comments.

My friends, Mike and Rowena do make comments from time to time. Mike about random things and Rowena about church stuff.

Just wondering and pondering if a blog should be a monologue or a conversation.

I don't know.

I guess I don't want to spend my time responding to comments rather than pondering stuff, but it is like a vacuum when I write and write and no one comments.

I do have one dear woman who emails me from time to time about what I write.

But even though more people seem to be reading, nobody much comments.

Maybe my ponderings are so profound and true everyone just thinks "well said" and moves on.

Devoutly to be wished. I don't want to stir up a firestorm, but I simply have no way to know if what I sit here typing provokes much of anything in the readers, who, as I said, seem to be multiplying lately.

So, if you don't mind, comment on this post to tell me why you don't comment on all the hundreds of others.

And I probably won't respond to you comment, just to let you know. I'd just like to know why you don't comment.

Does that seem fair? Let me know.

As the Africans say in parting, "Be well, umfandusi" (good friend). The response is "stay well, umfrandusi."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.