Mimi is 4 days past her due date. Ellie is still unborn.
Mimi is doing great. She really had an almost uneventful 9 months--no morning sickness, only gained 19 pounds, no swelling feet. Remarkable if you think about it, for a 38 year old woman.
But she is ready...and so are we!
She's doing acupuncture to induce labor. (Her doctor, who she adores, another good thing, said she didn't think acupuncture would work but if it made Mimi feel better to go ahead....)
Bern was sure it would be today.
Only 3 hours left for that to happen.
I have no idea.
Both our children were late, late and C sections. Mimi isn't near that yet. Her doctor says another week, which might mean Ellie would be born on her uncle Josh's birthday (8/14)!
That would be odd, huh?
I used to have a poster of a rocking chair and the words, "sometimes I sits and thinks...and sometimes I just sits...."
Sometimes you just wait....
- 1970 in review (one event a month)
- Gene Wilder, please rest in peace
- Ready to have it over....
- weird dreams
- I'll never drive to NYC again
- Something to spend some time on....
- First post
- first time in all these years....
- Going to see Ellie
- Something Bela won't eat...and First Cousins....
- I don't tweet
- 6 years later
- Rules vs. Healing
- dimples, who can resist them?
- Just when....
- Blessed beyond believing
- Home at last...
- Home tomorrow, maybe
- My boy's birthday
- 400th post one more time
- Heat, cold and the social order of Cheshire
- 8/11/16--Happy Natal Day, Ellie
- my favorite button
- Good times
- Waiting still...
- Speaking of priesthood....
- From paper to possibility
- The Readings for tomorrow
- White Trash
- OK, OK...
- Just wondering about conversation
- Back home...
- The mind of a Puli
- Waiting for Ellie
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)