Monday, March 19, 2018

I'll try, I really will

I'll try to stop writing about nothing but Bela. I really will but I don't know when....

Bern was out for a couple of hours this morning and I realized after an hour or so that I was totally alone in the house.

It's been since 2004 that when Bern is out I was totally alone--no black, hairy dog to keep me company.

Dog people know that one of the reasons to have a dog is the companionship.

But you don't truly realize that until your companion isn't there anymore.

13 plus years of habit is hard to break. Just today I heard our kitchen clock announce the hour (which it does by barking) and said to myself, "3 o'clock, time to feed the Puli". I almost stood up before I remembered that he is dead now.

Four or five times today I've felt an emptiness so profound that I almost sobbed. (OK, twice I DID sob).

I miss him so.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.