Sunday, November 4, 2018

Fall in New England

It is Autumn in Connecticut and the sound of leaf-blowers sings through the land.

At one point today I could hear four leaf-blowers from four different directions all at once.

I watched my neighbor blow the leaves from his lawn and then noticed that there were at least five trees, still relatively full of leaves over his yard.

And why are the damn things so loud? With all the technology we have, couldn't leaf-blowers hum instead of roar?

Bern either rakes the leaves and puts them in the two wheel barrows she has to dump in the space beside our deck were all stuff like that goes or she cuts them up with her string mower.

I do nothing about leaves. For one thing, I'm not allowed to do any yard work. And for another, I believe if God made them fall there, we should leave them there.

Also, I don't want to be tempted to get a leaf blower and those ear-muff looking things to deaden the blowers sound lest you be made deaf.

And why are they so damn loud?

Did you tell me already....?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.