Wednesday, April 29, 2015

opposites do attract....

Bern and I have been married for 45 years come September 5th, and we couldn't be more different.

An example, when I do my laundry it may take 3 days. I carry my laundry bag down into the basement and maybe wash a load. Then I put that load into the dryer but it's too late to do the next load so I come down the next morning and take out the dry clothes and put them in the bag and wash the second load--including things that need to be hung on hangers. When they're dry, I hang them up but leave them in the basement. And the next day, I carry everything upstairs and put the clothes away.

When Bern washes, she starts early. Washes everything the same day and puts it all away that day as well.

I find the way she washes 'compulsive' and she finds my washing technique 'hap-hazard'.

And I would wash dishes every night. She has to wait until the dishwasher is crammed full.

I would never move anything, leaving furniture where it was first placed--she rearranges the furniture constantly, thinking I don't even notice, though I do, but I just don't care about the arrangement of things.

We should probably kill each other, we're so different.

Instead, we've lived together for almost 45 years in what could, I believe, be considered 'bliss' by most of the people on the planet..

Who knows how that happens?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.