Friday, April 17, 2015

Home again...

I really am a homebody! As wonderful as my trip to Ireland and the Making a Difference Workshop was, I really missed being home....

The flight from Dublin to JFK was amazing. There were only 86 passengers on a plane that seats 190, so I had 3 seats to myself, as did lots of others. There were enough couples who sat window/aisle and had a seat in between that everyone traveling alone had 3 seats to themselves! The people in first class must have felt crowded if they ever deigned to look back in coach!

Payback came in the form of a 45 minute delay, for no reason announced, in the luggage from the flight. I finally asked a woman in an American Airlines blazer what the problem was. She got on a phone and the luggage started down the carousel before she hung up. Some luggage handler must have forgotten to flip a switch or something....

The flight left Dublin at 9 a.m. and I was home after waiting for my luggage by 2:30 p.m. It's great to get the five hours back I got robbed of on the way over.

I'll blog several times this weekend about the time in Ireland. See you then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.