Thursday, April 23, 2015

Beet pee and Beet poop

So, one of times I peed today, it was pink. I was horrified. I had prostate cancer and surgery and radiation and another treatment. And I have, not for a long time, had blood in my urine and urinary tract infections that required being in a hospital and catheters and all the horror of all that.

But, just as I was nearing panic, I remembered I had eaten two roasted beets last night--and beets will make your pee pink.

So, I was ready when I had a poop a few hours later, for the red and pink that came when I flushed.

Beets do that to you, if they're fresh and roasted.

So, if you eat beets, remember I told you this....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.