Wednesday, April 22, 2015

temporary hysteria

So, I coughed up some pheylm and spit it in the sink and it was red.

Oh, God! I thought. I'm coughing up blood.

I already was thinking about which emergency room to go to, whether Bern should drive me or stay here to call Josh and Mimi and tell them their father was on the brink of death.

I took a deep breath, preparing for the worst, and realized I'd just eaten two roasted beets....

I brushed my teeth and spit out red.

I'm not on death's door after all. It's just beets.

Hope I can remember tomorrow when I have a bowel movement that is sure to be red.....

I love fresh beets but there are drawbacks....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.