Thursday, November 29, 2018

what is that in the sky?

I came inside today and said to Bern, 'there's a big shining orb in the sky. It looks familiar but I'm not sure what it is."

The sun shined on Connecticut today after days of gray autumn skies.

People in New England should be issues, free of charge by the states, those lights that simulate sunlight so you don't get depressed by the darkness.

I even took Brigit out at 4:30 plus in daylight. I usually take her out before dinner and then again before bed with a flashlight.

I've been sleeping 10 hours a night and Bern, a light sleeper, has been sleeping from 9:30 or so until almost 8.

The dark overcomes you here in the North-East.

And there are 23 days before the Winter Solstice when the light begins, a few minutes each day, to return to this part of the earth.

I couldn't live in Alaska, of that I am sure. Or Greenland either.

I need the sun and it is just over 3 weeks away from beginning to return.

Darker each day until then. And cloudy so much.

Welcome to the Nutmeg state!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.