Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy 4th of July


https://youtu.be/n7gwVXk5JGY This will take you to my You Tube blog readings.

(All opinions here are mine and mine alone.)

We went to a backyard party with only 8 people and lots of social distancing. The folks doing the BBQ were even wearing gloves. They have a pool and several people went  in for a swim.

It was a great time with good friends.

I, as always, made deviled eggs. I am the deviled eggs king.

Lots of food and conversation and a good time was had by all.

Back here at 9 p.m. Cheshire is under fire from fire works in all directions.

I've never much liked fireworks so I don't get the attraction, especially by novices.

Yet, apparently since so many communities cancelled them because of Covid, the sale of fireworks to individuals was the highest in history.

Just hope no one gets hurt--as often happens when they aren't pros.

I'm sure it's wet enough to make fires unlikely.

But I don't get it.

July 4th to me is good food, great conversation and loved friends.

That's all I need.

Happy 4th to you all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.