Thursday, July 2, 2020

It's truly summer today

We cool our house with three air conditioners and fans. The huge AC in my office, helped by a fan at the bottom of the stairs cools the whole downstairs. There's one in the bedroom and our TV room.

It works well. When I stepped outside this afternoon, I realized how well. It was like going into a sauna. 

We have others for bedrooms, but no one is going to be staying over any time soon.

There were fire-flies tonight. First sighting this year.

I love them, but they remind me of the serial murder my parents let me commit.

I would catch them in my Uncle Russel's front yard--our back yard since his house was behind our apartment.

I would put them in a jar with holes punched in the top.

But I never let them go.

The joy I felt as a child, catching them, is replaced by sorrow and regret as an adult for killing so many of them

Every time I see one, I feel delight--but also that sorrow and regret.

l hope the fire-fly god forgives me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.