Friday, July 3, 2020

I forgot to mention

https://youtu.be/n7gwVXk5JGY  This link will take you to me reading my blog on You Tube.

(The opinions here are mine and mine alone.)

I forgot to mention in the last post that it was Calvin Coolidge who was President when Mount Rushmore was ceased from Native Americans.

One of the few things I know about Coolidge is a great exchange he had with a reporter as he was leaving church.

"Mr. President," the reporter respectfully asked, "What was the preacher's sermon about?"

"Sin," Coolidge answered.

"And what did he say about sin?" the reporter responded.

Coolidge replies, "he's a'gin it."

Not a man of many words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.