Monday, February 18, 2019

Every day

Every morning I wake up and give thanks to the Powers that Be for another day of this.

Even in February, in a day of the full moon, cold and still icy, I am glad to be alive.

I am married, come September, for 49 years to the only woman I ever wanted to spend my life with.

We have two amazing children who, in spite of our failings as parents, have become adults I am proud to know and love.

We have four brilliant, funny, loving grand-daughters who make our life magic,

We have a dog we probably wouldn't have had who is the sweetest, more modest and gentlest dog in all the world.

We have a house we own outright and have lived in for almost 29 years.

We have enough memories to fill the house and the town and the state with--most of which are wondrous.

There are so many more books to read and thoughts to have and opinions to share and things to ponder that if I lived forever I wouldn't run out of them.

I am healthy--though over-weight--and seldom (unlike yesterday) feel my age.

We have friends that matter and make our lives richer, better, more joyous.

So, every day I am just thankful for one more day of all this.

Every day. Thankful.

Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.