Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pondering

I really need to thank my friends at the Mastery Foundation and Ann Overton for the box of quotes they sent me.

I often talk about 'pondering' things over. It's what I like to do. And the quotes give me that opportunity.

I'm going to share a few I've had scattered over my desk for the last couple of days. Take some time to ponder them. I'll make no comments. Don't try to 'get to the answer' or 'solve the problem'. There are no answers and no problems.

Just ponder.

PONDER (verb)
   to consider something carefully for a long time.
      ("The back porch is a quiet place where I can ponder.")
   syn. contemplate, meditate, muse, reflect, ruminate, speculate
                                                                          --Cambridge Dictionaries

"There is more to life than increasing it's speed."
                                                    Ghandi

"Silence is a privileged entry into the realm of God and into eternal life. For silence is a language that is infinitely deeper, more far reaching, more understanding, more compassionate, and more eternal than any other language."
                                                       Meister Eckhart

"The truth doesn't mean anything. It just is."
                                                      Werner Erhard

"We are fullly human only while playing, and we play only when we are human in the truest sense of the word."
                                                     Rudolph Steiner


Find your back porch and be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.