Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Something is seriously out of whack

I realized today that when I flush one of our three toilets (three toilets for two people, not right) which I do more times than I'm comfortable telling you, I send more clean water into the sewer than many, many people around the world have to live on each day.

We even have toilets that flush less for #1 than #2, but even that seems unfair.

I waste more water waiting for the faucet or shower to get hot than millions and millions around the world have.

Something is wrong here.

In Cheshire, CT, water is no problem. I've driven by the several lakes that are part of our water supply many times. Lots of water, lots and lots of water.

How can this be fixed?

I have no idea.

But I know this--I have more water than I need or deserve.

And millions of people don't.

Out of whack, I'd say.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.