Monday, February 4, 2019

Mejol

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with my first cousin, Mejol (the only person on the census records in the country with that name--my Aunt Georgie was reading some obscure Native American novel with a character named 'Mejol', which is why she called her that.) Not many people must have read the book.

Spell check always highlight Mejol's name. Suggestions to fix it are: Mikol, Majority, Mel, Mejia, Merola. (The first and last of which, spell-check just highlighted!!! Good suggestions, spell-check.)

I think of her a lot. She helped my parents raise me. I love her dearly. We talk about every week on the phone--politics, childhood memories, kids and grand kids, pets, books, stuff like that.

She's the only one of my 18 first cousins (5 deceased) that I keep up with. So I should have said she's the only one of my 13 surviving first cousins I keep up with. I haven't consulted a medium yet so I won't hear from those 5.)

She's just special to me and I'm so glad we're in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.