Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Snow Moon

I was driving to Killingworth to the Cluster Council meeting after 6 o'clock and the moon was amazing.

It was huge and yellow and wrapped in clouds.

Someone at the meeting told me it was a 'snow moon'--a phrase I don't think I've heard before.

I was just outside--after 10 p.m. and it isn't yellow any more or nearly as big.

The road I was on--Route 68--goes up and down hills toward Durham. At the top of every rise, there it was, taking up much sky, right in front of me.

I was telling someone about it--or thought I was--until she said, "I usually think of them in mating season."

I was talking about the moon at the top of every hill and she thought I was talking about deer in the road.

Conversations, I've noticed, often take a turn like that--both people thinking they know what the other is talking about but not really.....

Ah, but that moon about 6:30! Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.