Bern went to Providence yesterday to be with her cousin Anthony who is trying to clean out the house where he and his father lived--Bern's Uncle Frank who died a month or more ago.
The dog is a pain. He listens to Bern but not to me. I'm yelling at him a lot to no avail. Usually I just go and make him do what I want.
I woke up this morning and Bela was on his side, his head on Bern's pillows, looking, for all the world, like a 55 pound version of her!
It's odd, Bern and I can be in our house all day and rarely exchange words besides "I'm going out" or "be back soon" or "do you need anything while I'm out?" Yet her absence makes an enormous difference.
Oh, often we talk for long times, but mostly we're just so comfortable being with each other that few words matter. "What can I make you for dinner?" is something we both say.
And, when she's gone, I miss her madly. Nothing is quite right, know what I mean? An emptiness that is palpable and a little painful.
She'll be back Wednesday. I'll have flowers and dinner all planned. Things will be better when Bern comes home....
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- In full bloom
- My baby girl's getting married...
- Memorial Day
- Going away
- Connecticut Spring
- Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity...
- Bern is Home!
- Bern's still away...
- Bern's away
- Happy Anniversary to me....
- A soft, spring rain
- You must read this! I think....
- So bad it is beyond Stupid...it's Evil
- A poem I found
- Right Wing Christians are like the Jews in 1939 Ge...
- Somethings I can't get my head around....
- Personality Types and Jobs
- A mouse in the house
- Stuff that makes my head feel like it's about to e...
- Birds--how I love them....
- Distopian hopefulness
- today was Emmaus...
- Where are you Spring?
- God Bless (truly) Janice Hahn
- Reading the Gospels side by side
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)