OK, my favorite singer ever was Cat Stevens. I wore out a couple of his albums and was devastated when he converted to Islam, changed his name to Yusaf Islam and stopped recording. He disappeared into his life of prayer and devotion and left me deeply respecting his life choice and yet begrudging his leaving me.
Bern and I were watching the Thunder/Spurs game and she kept flipping back to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions because Cat Stevens was to be one of the inductees. Neither of us believed he would be there--Linda Ronstat wasn't, after all. But after Kiss was inducted (Josh's favorite band when he was a young child--Bern used to paint his face like their's) there was Art Garfunkle, of all people, introducing Cat Stevens.
Not only was he there, dressed as you expect middle-class Arabs to be--a coat, a collar-less shirt, a vest and comfortable pants--and he sang three songs.
I had almost forgotten how wondrous his music and lyrics were. The third, and last song was Peace Train. Amazing....
God (Allah) bless him in his new life. He, as a gray haired man, can still sing the shit out of a song......
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- In full bloom
- My baby girl's getting married...
- Memorial Day
- Going away
- Connecticut Spring
- Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity...
- Bern is Home!
- Bern's still away...
- Bern's away
- Happy Anniversary to me....
- A soft, spring rain
- You must read this! I think....
- So bad it is beyond Stupid...it's Evil
- A poem I found
- Right Wing Christians are like the Jews in 1939 Ge...
- Somethings I can't get my head around....
- Personality Types and Jobs
- A mouse in the house
- Stuff that makes my head feel like it's about to e...
- Birds--how I love them....
- Distopian hopefulness
- today was Emmaus...
- Where are you Spring?
- God Bless (truly) Janice Hahn
- Reading the Gospels side by side
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)