Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bern's still away...

I didn't sleep well last night and I'm sure it's that Bern isn't in the bed with me.

I woke up at 5 and then 6 and then got up at 7 (I thought it was 7:30 because, for reasons I don't understand, Bern keeps her clock over 20 minutes fast). Since she's not here, I took the dog for his first walk (which I always do) down Cornwall to the alley to the Congregation Church parking lot. Then, I took him, after his breakfast, to the Canal (which Bern does every day but Monday--which is the day she does the bills.) And I never walk him as far as she does on the Canal--they go about .7/mile (1.4 miles round trip) and I only go half-a-mile or so and back.

So I yawned all through Eucharist and the conversation of our Clericus group from 9:30-11. But I had three mugs of coffee and was alright after that, except for going to the bathroom quite often.

Anthony sent me a picture of Bern he took on his smart phone while they were eating lunch in Providence at an outdoor place. I wish I knew how to send it to you. She's so beautiful.

I do miss her madly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.