Friday, April 9, 2021

Just wondering....

 I spent most of today just 'wondering'.

I wonder if our nation can find unity--it doesn't look like it can--not after January 6 and many Republicans still thinking, somehow, that the election was stolen...as crazy as that is?

I wonder when, if ever, we can all agree that children, fleeing horrible conditions in Central American, deserve to have a new life here, in the Nation of Emigrants?

I wonder how Biden can get the things done we need done--infrastructure, racial equality, changing the tax code, restoring the economy when the Senate is so divided?

I wonder how long I will live? I'll be 74 a week from tomorrow--an age I never dreamed making. 

I wonder why, when I woke up yesterday, I thought for sure it was Friday and it wasn't until several hours later that I realized it was Thursday?

I wonder if I was thankful enough for being given an extra day of life by my mistake?

I wonder if Bern and my children and grand-children truly know how much I love them?

I wonder if God realizes that my 'doubt' is just the other side of my hand that is 'belief'?

I wonder if I have done enough with my life and ministry?

Sometimes I just 'wonder' and 'wonder' some more.

Wondering, I believe, is a good thing to spend time doing.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.