Monday, April 12, 2021

What I got today

 Virginia Theological Seminary sent me a face mask today with their name on the front. I'll wear it gladly. It fits really well and is three ply.

It made me remember my post-graduate education.

Two years at Harvard Divinity School--the first fully funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. I got that because two of my college professors nominated me for 'a trial year in seminary' for people college professors think should be ordained but weren't going in that direction.

I guess they were right.

A few years later, two years at VTS for my M.Div.

Several years after that two years at Hartford Seminary for my Doctor of Ministry.

Six years of theological training and I haven't picked up a book on theology for 15 years or so!

I guess I either had too much or it wore off.

I don't know which.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.