Monday, April 26, 2021

The Moon is full and the birds are back

 The moon is wondrous tonight. Bright and round in the sky.

When I took Brigit out for her last pee, she looked at the moon for a long moment.

The moon is like that.

I used to fear a full moon when I was Rector of St. John's in Waterbury. The term "lunatic" is not wrong.

Every full moon the people who came to the soup kitchen were on edge and sometimes a fight would break out, though Barbara handled that with no need for help.

But it is beautiful. I love it.

And birds are back. We've had crows for a month, but now there are robins and sparrows, the occasional blue jay and a cardinal or two plus some lovely little bluish birds I need to find in my bird book.

At one point today there were a dozen birds of different kinds in our back yard, pecking at the ground and taking turns at our bird bath.

Birds give lightness and joy to my heart.

I love the birds. Even the crows and the occasional hawk high above.

Birds and the moon, what could be better as a source of wonder?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.