Thursday, January 31, 2019

I know, I know, I said I wouldn't

I promised a while ago that I would stop writing about the cold.

But, after today.....

I had to go see Bishop Laura about her visit to St. James the second Sunday of Feb. I started the car half-an-hour before I left and got to Meridian early--which was good since somehow I wasn't on her schedule for one pm, so we talked while she ate lunch.

It was only about 50 feet to my car, but I got such a chill I came home and piled up blankets and dozed for two hours. I even felt nauseous and gagged on my English muffin.

After the doze I felt some better and was able get down soup and a boiled egg and toast.

Don't feel 100% yet but I will before bad.

On our back porch it was 10 below this morning and hardly got about 0 all day and is dropping now.

Things will be better each day for a while.

At least we're not in Chicago or Minneapolis or Detroit. I really don't know if I could get out of bed in the polar vortex.

OK, I will stop about the cold....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.