Saturday, January 19, 2019

some words to ponder

Here are a few of the quotes from my Mastery Foundation quote box. Well worth pondering.

"The truth may well be even more difficult to relate than it is to find" --Albert Murray

"If one does not have wild dreams of achievement, there is no spur even to get the dishes washed. One must think like a hero to behkave like a merely decent human being." --May Sarton

"For myself I am an optimist--it does not seem to be much use being anything else." --Winston Churchill

"The fish trap exists because of the fish; once you've gotten the fish, you can forget about the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit; once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning; once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten the words so I can have a word with him?"--Chuang Tzu

I chose those because I am longing for truth, wild dreams, optimism and a man who has forgotten the words.

Actually, Chuang Tzu's words are still teasing me on. I'm not quite where they are leading. But I'm optimistic about finding the 'truth' in them.

Lose not faith, beloved. Dream optimistically in these shadowy times.

Always long for the light that is to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.