Monday, January 21, 2019

That's how cold it is

I have on socks--that's how cold it is.

After I ruptured all my ligaments in my right knee in September 2016, I couldn't put on socks for months and once I could again, I didn't.

The only time I wore a pair of socks in over 2 years was for my daughter-in-law, Cathy Chen's, institution as a judge. And I left one of the socks in Baltimore.

I like not wearing socks. It simplifies my day. It makes less to laundry. And I like the feel of bare feet in shoes.

But today I was wearing a pair of moccasins because the tread was good on ice--which is everywhere today. They sometimes slip off without socks, so I put on socks.

They aren't bad.

(The ice that still coats the trees all around us, looked beautiful today in the sunshine--but in the light of the Full Moon, it looks magic, wondrous. The trees, I know wouldn't agree. The temperature is 0 right now at 8:26. Tomorrow it warms up to freezing. Wednesday and Thursday in the 40's with rain. What a strange winter this is. I'll decide tomorrow about socks....)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.