Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Eucharist and Healing

 It went very well.

Our wondrous musician, MF was back for the first time in a month.

He even let me anoint him for healing after all he's been through.

My sermon was well received, as was the healing after communion.

I had EL anoint me and pray for my healing to give the congregation an understanding that lay people can do the anointing. I hope, over time to have lay people do it each Sunday.

(There are two very active and generous members of the congregation who won't receive communion. I'm working up to talking to them about why they don't. Maybe next week....)

Coffee hour was great and several folks told me not to worry driving home because in my sermon I said something about 'being afraid' driving up Route 8. Great of them to wish me well.

I've loved every congregation I've served in all these years--4 one-on-one and three in a cluster ministry. But Trinity is becoming my favorite.

I can't tell you exactly why, but I'll try soon.

(I did get home safe and sound!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.