Saturday, August 15, 2026

Waiting to shower....

 They didn't arrive (our son and his female companion) until after 7 p.m. so they are pizza late and we sat on the back deck and talked until after 8 and then gave him his birthday cake (a really strange thing called "chocolate avalanche") that none of us had room to eat.

So, I'm taking the cake to church tomorrow for coffee hour. We'll see what Trinity folks think about a chocolate avalanche!

I got up about my normal time but didn't shower because I thought they'd be up and ready to leave in the morning.

Not so. They didn't come downstairs until nearly 11, had some things to eat (coffee and donuts mostly) and didn't leave until after noon.

So, I had a small lunch and then took my shower.

I don't like afternoon showers, I don't know why exactly.

After that I went to get gas and to Big Y for a few things.

Bern and I are both exhausted though we didn't do much while they were here. Having adult kids around is tiring, I guess.

I've said it before, but we really like her. She is so patient and kind and helpful.

I hope it all ends well.

But only morning showers for me.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.