Sunday, July 21, 2019

The 'believer' world

I just read an article on line about a NASCAR driver (I've driven his name fast from my mind) who said he 'isn't a believer in the moon landing 50 years ago!

Since when has their been a 'believer world' vs. a 'non-believer world' about what HAPPENED.

We landed on the moon! It happened.

You don't have to 'believe' it--IT HAPPENED!!!!!

6% of Americans and, get this, 11% of millennials don't believe we landed on the moon.

Jesus Christ, Almighty God, save me from this!

Shit happens.

Jews died in Germany by the millions. We've had two World Wars. Kids were killed in Sandy Hook. Obama was born in Hawaii. The earth is round. On and on--'believers' and 'non-believers'.

There is nothing to believe or not believe when stuff happens.

I've lived too long. Reality has altered into a flat-earth 'belief' or 'non-belief' world.

I celebrate WHAT HAPPENED  50 years ago today--not what "I believe" happened 50 years ago today.

Save belief and unbelief for mysteries, not reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.