Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy Birthday, USA!

We had a great day--a tad hot, but not that bad.

We went to our friends Andrew and Jane's in New Haven. There only child is a late teen. Come to think of it, both Robbie, only son of our friend's Jack and Sherry, and I are also only children.

I get on swimmingly with Priscilla and Robbie and every other only child I've ever met.

We gravitate toward each other.

My usual line (oh, so true!) is whenever I feel sad at not having siblings I just have to someone who does....That works.

Our friend John was there--he lives in an apartment in Andrew and Jane's house. And two older women--even older than me--who I've met before. Plus Maureen who is in Bern and Sherry's women's group.

A good four hours, then back to Bridget and life in Cheshire--a few degrees warmer than New Haven by Long Island Sound.

Hope you had a good 4th and like me watched none of the president's nonsense in DC.

It felt so good to ignore all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.