Tuesday, March 31, 2020

At least a month to go

...and that's optimistic.

People are staying home. I know that because the readership of my blog is up!

I talk to my neighbors from a long distance away, but not close, like we used to.

I didn't go out today at all. Talked to some people on the phone. I usually drive around for a while to see how shut down Cheshire is. But not today.

Bern has been making us masks from cloth dinner napkins because they can be washed and reused.

Mine is forest green.

I'll probably do it when I go out to the grocery store and the wine store. Maybe on Wednesday--because I have to get Bern a birthday card (April 2nd). My late father's birthday was April 1st, a standing joke in the family that Virgil was born on April Fool's day. For 15 days, I'll only be two years older than Bern. You know, I think, that we first met when she was a freshman in high school and I was a senior. Cradle robbing, I know.

I have known and loved her for all but 14 years of her life.

Amazing! And wonderful.

Staying at home is, in one way, a gigantic pain in the ass.

In other ways, it puts me in touch with my introverted, only child self.

Whenever I've taken Myers/Briggs I am on the line between introvert and extrovert. I use up all my extrovert with church. These days I am an introvert alone.

Bern is a genuine introvert. We don't spend much time together though we're both in the same house all day. Distance is glory for introverts.

All her birthday presents have arrived. I ordered them on line since no where I could have found them is open. I'll get her some flowers at Big Y since I don't think florists are operating. And a birthday card.

How blessed am I to have been in love with her for 56 years?

More blessed that I can even imagine.

Wash your hands. Stay at home. Pray for the best we can hope for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.